A unique web portal
The portal, available in French and in English, provides a single point of access with intuitive and fast navigation to all dashboards, whatever the modules and applications of the software suite.
Each user, identified by a login/password, is associated to a profile giving him access to all or part of the portal.
Dashboards are sorted by modules (storage arrays, backup, servers…) and by submodules (mapping, performance, level of service) allowing users to access the appropriate dashboard in only three clicks.
The portal supports three standard publication frequencies in order to cover the needs of different user profiles
- Only concerns SLA dashboards directed mainly at a technical population, even if the weather like KPIs give management a global vision of backup SLAs for example
- These dashboards are
- Either identical to the monthly dashboards but their weekly publication allows technical administrators to be more proactive
- Either dashboards for which the layout is specific so as to have for example a finer analyses of servers
- These dashboards are
- The majority of dashboards are published on a monthly basis, enabling the calculation of growth rates on which saturation dates are themselves calculated and inputs for projection curves.
The portal enables aggregation of a dashboard using many different criteria, the user can display publication frequency and level of consolidation in one click.
The principal available aggregations are as follows
- Global consolidation
- Technological consolidation (SAN/NAS, per tier, per type of array)
- Geographical consolidation (by continent, country, datacentre, computer room)
- Consolidation per environnement (production-pre-production-development-test, intranet-internet, lan-dmz)
- Functional consolidation (per application, business, subsidiary…)
Rules and classifications enable raw data consolidation to publish dashboard according to the different consolidations described above. They are available online on the portal and are used to support change management.
Raw data as well as dashboards are retained by default for five years but duration is customisable. It is important to note that this will ensure dashboard consistency because raw data can benefit of portal evolutions from first collect onwards.
The portal offers dynamic KPIs that support specific decisional functionalities such as drill down mechanisms, export of specific values of a segment and what if simulation.
The portal includes push mechanisms so users of the portal do not have to connect themselves to access indicators and also for those who don’t possess an account to receive automatically summarized targeted information.
These push mechanisms aim at different profiles
- Alarms and filters allow easy distribution of information to technical profiles regarding components and volumes for which proactive action has to be undertaken to generate a gain. Commented reports are the ideal support to create a communication policy targeted to business lines and management.